Summer is in full swing, and with COVID-19 cases still on the rise across the country, it looks like our time at home won’t be decreasing any time soon. While this isn’t how you might have hoped to spend your summer, there are plenty of ways to come up with fun ideas for activities at home. If you’re looking for ways to enjoy your home, one of the easiest ways to kick back and relax is to take advantage of your backyard, starting with your pool. Read these easy tips on how to get ultimate relaxation right from your backyard!
5 Easy Ways to Relax by the Pool
- Make sure to keep a refreshing beverage with you at all times. No matter how cool your pool is, the summer heat will have you fading fast if you don’t keep a thirst quencher nearby at all times. Bring a cooler with a few waters to keep poolside so you don’t have to keep making trips into the house. And if you want to throw in a hard seltzer or a wine cooler for good measure, by all means do so!
- Keep a few floats on hand. Finding the perfect float can be difficult, and when you’ve finally found the perfect one, it’s often unexpectedly carried away by the wind in a storm or popped by a rowdy kid. That’s why it’s important to do your research and keep a spare float or two tucked away. Things to take into consideration when finding the perfect float: how much you want to be submerged in the pool vs. out of the pool? Do you want a soft or firm float? There’s all the extra bells and whistles to think about too (drink holder, speaker, dry area for your phone, etc). Once you’ve decided on your float necessities, you can make sure you have the ultimate relaxation float on hand at all times.
- Have pool snacks nearby at all times. Ideally, snacks won’t be messy or in a container that will blow away in the wind. Here’s a list of easy recipes for easy poolside snacking, including snacks such as trail mixes and granola bars. Having simple, grabbable foods that you can leave out nearby will also be a great way to keep the kids occupied so you can get back to relaxing.
- Invest in comfy outdoor chairs. If you’re committed to having a relaxing day by the pool, you’ll need to invest in comfortable pool chairs. This is where you’ll be spending most of your time, so it’s important to make sure you’re comfortable.
- Create a relaxing poolside playlist. Whether your preference is simple steel drums in the background, or a hot country countdown playlist, having background music that makes you feel like you’re on vacation is key. Online streaming services like Amazon Music or Spotify have some great options for poolside playlists to set the mood. Close your eyes, relax, and transport yourself from your backyard to that Caribbean beach you’ve been dreaming about!
To ensure you’re taking full advantage of your pool for relaxation, let Pool Scouts take care of cleaning and maintaining your pool. You should be focusing on enjoying your pool, not cleaning it. Give Pool Scouts a call at 844-775-2742 so you can get back to relaxing!