A Healthy Pool Means Healthy Swimming
As pool owners, we’ve all experienced the green or foggy pool. Who knows what’s lurking on the bottom? I certainly don’t want to be the one to find out! Beyond the beauty of a sparkling pool, there are also health concerns when pools aren’t maintained properly. So get your No. 2 pencil and notepad ready; here’s a quick lesson in what makes a healthy pool.
4 Tips To keep Your Pool Healthy
- There is more than meets the eye. Everyone loves to have a sparkling, clear pool. A pool ready for cannonballs and one that’s pretty to look at, but there is more than meets the eye. Contaminated water can look clear, but still pose the risk of getting you sick. Red eyes and itchy skin aren’t necessarily indicative of too much chlorine. Contrary to what you might think, your pool might actually need more chlorine. Figuring out the chemical balance of your pool can be complex and technical, which is where professional services from our Pool Scouts come in handy! Pool Scouts technicians complete an extensive training program to ensure proper handling of chemicals and treatment of pools, allowing you to kick back and enjoy.
- Ah, the clean, fresh smell of…chlorine? The truth is that chlorine shouldn’t have an odor. Hard to believe, right? That “chlorine” smell comes from a mixture of chlorine and contaminants reacting with one another on the surface of your pool. A pool that is well maintained and cared for has little to no odor because the contaminants are nowhere to be found. At Pool Scouts, we use the latest technology in water testing called the WaterLink Spin System. Gone are the days of test tubes and droplets, this technical system provides results in 60 seconds and removes any guess work to ensure accurately balanced water.
- Water aerobics starting in 5 minutes! Exercising in the pool is a great workout, whether you’re doing a group exercise class or a few laps. But the truth is, breathing in the chemicals from an unbalanced pool can be harmful. Both the chemicals and the contaminants that aren’t eliminated by proper maintenance can be detrimental. In addition to high-tech water testing, Pool Scouts uses the best vacuum in the industry. Rightfully so, it’s called the Hammer Head! The Hammer Head is a self-contained pool vacuum that has never met a pool it couldn’t clean. And a clean pool is the first step to a healthy pool!
- Bottom line, take care of that pool! Pool ownership has so many benefits. Among them are relaxation, fun, exercise, beauty and ambiance. But it does take a bit of work.
Our Pool Scouts Are Here To Help!
Pool Scouts certified technicians can help! For each and every service visit, our technicians walk through a series of checklists to ensure a thorough cleaning:
- Remove the cover and prepare for storage (this includes cleaning the cover).
- Remove plugs and prep pool lines.
- Blow off pool deck area and equipment pad.
- Examine pool shell for any visible damage, cracks, or tears.
- Re-install and examine skimmer baskets.
- Re-install and examine deck equipment (ladders, handrails, etc.).
- Brush and clean waterline tile.
- Remove all leaves and debris from the pool.
- Start and prime the pool pump.
- Inspect the filtration system.
- Vacuum the pool.
- Fill pool water to the appropriate level.
- Balance pool water chemistry.
Check out our service plans to keep your pool healthy so you can get back to spending time enjoying it with family and friends!