5 Things to Consider When Installing a Pool
With all the time spent at home these days during COVID-19, it’s the perfect time to have a swimming pool installed in the backyard! If you are stuck at home, having a pool can provide enjoyment and relaxation during these stressful times. Having a pool installed in your backyard is a big decision though, and once you decide to do it, you need to make sure it’s done correctly. Here are five things to consider when installing a pool.
- How much does it cost to install a pool? Installing a swimming pool isn’t cheap, so it’s important to do your research and see how much it’s going to cost. Don’t just hastily pick the cheapest pool installation company, but look at reviews and make sure it’s a company you trust. Also keep in mind when choosing a company what’s included in the warranty on both the pool and pool equipment. If a pool isn’t properly installed, this foundational issue could lead to bigger issues down the road. Once you figure out how much it will cost to install, you’ll also need to consider the ongoing costs of maintaining a pool.
- What are the most important elements to include in a swimming pool? When thinking about elements you want included in your swimming pool, the cost adds up very quickly. It’s important to consider what are the most important things. What size pool do you want? Shape, materials used to line the pool, additional features such as waterfalls and fountains are all extra costs. That beautiful vinyl liner is going to cost extra. Make a pool wish list, and prioritize the list so that if needed you can know what features aren’t negotiable, and which ones could be left out if you need to shave down the cost.
- How will the weather in my area affect the pool? Your location and the climate can affect the wear and tear on your pool. Pools in Texas are often fiberglass or concrete, while pools in seasonal locations like Virginia and North Carolina are often vinyl. In Florida, pools often have enclosures around them. Do some research on best pool practices for your area.
- How to keep the family safe around the pool? This is more of a long-term consideration, but just as important as the other factors. If you have small children, think about the different safety options, whether a security fence around the pool, an alarm to notify you if someone goes into the pool area when you’re not there, or an auto pool cover. Check out our water safety tips for keeping everyone safe when it comes to your swimming pool.
- How will I maintain my pool once it’s built? The work doesn’t end once your pool is built. Maintenance must occur on a weekly basis to keep you pool clean and clear at all times. If this isn’t something you want to deal with, you can always hire a pool cleaning company like Pool Scouts. We pride ourselves on being the most professional in the field, and are thoroughly trained for every scenario when it comes to pools.
Once you’ve asked yourself these five questions, you’re ready to decide if you are going to move forward with installing your dream pool! While it’s not the most simple process, we guarantee the relaxation that will result will be worth it! And remember, if you want to enjoy your pool and not worry about maintaining it, give Pool Scouts a call and we’ll take it from there!