Perks of Keeping Your Pool Open All Year
If you live in a place with cold weather at some point during the year, it is common to assume there is no other option but to close your pool during the off-season–especially those without an automatic freeze protection system. However, even if you don’t, you can keep your pipes from freezing by running your pump during freezing temperatures. There are multiple benefits of keeping your pool open all year regardless, some of which include the following:
- Your Landscape Aesthetic – As a pool owner, you know how much more attractive your yard looks during the summer. Looking out the window and seeing a gray sky and a large pool cover is a dreary reminder that summertime fun is over. Imagine looking outside to see your beautiful, crystal-clear pool surrounded by snow—an undeniably more pleasant view.
- Swim All Year – An even better reason to keep your pool open all year. If you already have a pool heater or plan to purchase one, you’ll have a much more enjoyable winter. Who says swimming is only allowed during the summer?! News flash: Swimming is fun regardless of the season, and it’s a good way to make sure your family stays active while having fun.
- Save Money – If you keep your pool open all year, you’ll avoid the hefty pool-winterization bill and the just-as-hefty pool-opening bill a few months later.
- Avoid Possible Complications – If you’re a pool owner, you’re probably used to dealing with at least one obstacle or setback during opening and closing seasons. Unfortunately, problems arise and pile on when you don’t lay eyes on your pool for months at a time. Continued maintenance ensures smooth-sailing when it’s time to jump back in. With our recurring services, nothing can stand in the way of your next cannonball contest!
- Stay Ready for Swim Season – If you’re not swimming all year, you’ll be able to jump in as soon as the sun comes out. If you are, the pool party never has to end!
- Cleanliness – Pools are easier to keep clean during the cooler months because cold temperatures make it harder for algae to grow. Ongoing light maintenance of your uncovered pool will prevent you from having to clean a green, full-of-debris pool.
- Pool Scouts Specialty – Believe it or not, Pool Scouts actually specializes in year-round pool maintenance. Like always, satisfaction is guaranteed.
If you don’t want the hassle of cleaning/opening a pool that has been untouched for months or the expense of pool covers and winterizing materials, staying open all year is definitely the way to go. Plus, imagine not having to choose between cannonball contests and snowball contests–both are right at your fingertips! Just remember that if you don’t have automatic freeze protection, you will need to manually turn on your pump during freezing temperatures to keep your pipes from freezing. If you have any questions, call Pool Scouts to continue your pool maintenance on a recurring basis. If you let us do the dirty work, you’ll be enjoying your pool worry-free!