GOT A GREEN POOL? WE GOT YOU COVERED!
Pool Scouts of Memphis is here for all of your green pool needs. From combatting the green algae that can appear to then maintaining it to ensure your pool remains sparkling clean, Pool Scouts has you covered. Here are a few of the common questions about green pools and how maintaining your pool on a regular basis is important to keeping your pool clean and healthy.
- WHY DOES MY POOL TURN GREEN? – The warmer the weather, the faster the rate that pool chemicals are consumed. This can lead to improper chemical balances if not maintained on a regular and frequent basis. In addition to chemical imbalances, warm weather can also cause algae growth, which can then result in your pool turning green if left sitting for a period of time.
- HOW DO I CLEAN A GREEN POOL? – If your pool has turned green, it is necessary to “shock” the pool water with chemicals in order to kill the algae and return the pool levels back to normal. Water without chemicals, especially if it has an algae problem, is not safe to swim in, and can be a breeding ground for insects, including mosquitoes. Pool Scouts is well-versed in taking pools from green to clean, so leave it to the professionals if you’re unsure of the best way to get your pool sparkling again.
- HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO ADD CHEMICALS TO AVOID A GREEN POOL? – The ideal frequency of adding chemicals to your pool to ensure it’s properly maintained is every 1 – 2 weeks. By keeping up with a regular schedule of cleaning your pool and adding chemicals, especially in the warmest months, is extremely important to keep your pool healthy and swim-ready. Keeping your pool cleaning on a schedule can also help you save money in the long run. By keeping your pool healthy, you can avoid the larger issues of a green pool overhaul. However, if it’s too late and you’ve got a green pond on your hands, don’t worry. Pool Scouts is happy to handle it!
OUR GREEN CLEAN SERVICE
Our team of pool technicians is trained in even the worst-case scenarios of green pools. Green Pool service is designed to get rid of large amounts of algae & debris from a green pool as quickly as possible. After the pool is algae-free, additional visits may be needed to balance the pool water and clean the filter.
- Visit one will ensure all equipment is operational, remove any heavy debris, brush surfaces and chemically treat.
- Visit two is typically within 48 hours and includes a vacuum of all sediment, brushing all surfaces, and chemically treating as necessary.
- Visit three is done within 48 hours and is repetitive of visit two. You will likely see the water less green and cloudier during this visit.
Most green pools require a minimum of 3 visits. Some pools will require more visits depending on the severity of the pool. All visits will include chemicals in pricing (please call the office for information on pricing). Green cleans can only be done properly when the weather is constantly above 50 degrees.
At Pool Scouts of Memphis, our goal is to get your pool clear and swim-ready as quickly as possible. We’ll provide you with information after each visit about what we did and what you can do between our visits.
For major cases, your pool may need a drain and clean service. We will refer you to a company that can provide that service.
If you’d like to find out more about what a green pool service entails and pricing, give us a call at 901-842-1747.